As with the conversion frames, CLASSIC EDGE Designs offers two levels of front clips. Our design allows you to use the stock C4 Corvette steering rack and the stock swaybar. You can choose to use the stock C4 composite front spring or coilovers. Upper shock mounts are set up to allow the use of either standard shocks or coilover shocks. The early 84-87 front suspensions when used with coilovers require swaybar relocation and custom lower shock mounts and swaybar mounts.
The "BASIC" front conversion clip provides a foundation for your front suspension, and is ideal for the builder who wants to customize his installation or just do some of his own fabrication work to save some money. The Basic clip includes new 11 gauge front frame rails from the firewall forward, as well as new tapered front frame horns similar to the stock profile. Six threaded bumper bushings are included in the stock locations to attach your bumper and diagonal braces to the clip. A tubular radiator support is provided in the stock location, and a spreader bar is included to strengthen the front frame horns. The C4 engine cradle, or "k-member" is fully integrated and welded into the clip. The C4 engine mounts are left on the k-member and no frame joint reinforcement plates are provided. Standard front suspension drop is 3" but 2" drop is available for additional cost. Early suspensions slightly higher cost (see notes). The clips are supplied with fully illustrated installation instructions in WORD format. Front suspensions are available (see notes).
BASIC Clip Price - $2495 using YOUR C4 k-member (see notes below)
The "FULL" front conversion clip utilizes the "Basic" clip as a foundation, but the C4 engine mounts are removed from the k-member, and mounts of your choice are added (SBC, BBC, LS). Also added are upper shock mounts, swaybar mounts, and brake line tabs. Four 1/8" steel frame joint reinforcement plates are supplied and the plug weld holes for them are cut. Standard front suspension drop is 3" but 2" drop is available for additional cost. Early suspensions slightly higher cost (see notes). Installation instructions are included. Front suspensions are available (see notes)
FULL Clip Price - $3495 using YOUR C4 k-member (see notes below)
* Late ('88-96) C4 suspension with 2" suspension drop is $350 additional (standard drop is 3").
* Early ('84-87) C4 suspension with 2" or 3" suspension drop is $350 additional. (2" drop not recommended with seamless frames)
* Early suspension FULL clips for use with coilovers add $275 (includes lower shock mounts and swaybar relocation brackets)
* Front suspensions available for $975 (early or late) and include steering rack, swaybar, brakes.
* K-members available for $375 additional but are included with any front suspension purchase.
* All suspension parts are used, and are from salvage vehicles. No refurbishing is done.
* Clip will not be sandblasted as shown, unless quoted.
* LS engine install kit $240, SBC/BBC urethane engine mounts $110.
* Prices are for pickup at CLASSIC EDGE Designs, freight charge extra. $95 for palletizing fee and local freight terminal dropoff.